Things I love about this song:
- The guitar flourish on the bridge from the first verse.
- The way Brownstein yelps “YOU!” on the second chorus.
- The way the entire song is a metaphor for the process of falling in love with a particular song or band, the propulsive, infectious rhythm of the song carrying you along in that first rush of adoring that first song that changed your life.
- The fact that despite the universal appeal of the lyrical content, it’s still all about individuality and doing your own thing.
- Just everything about it.